We have a meeting tomorrow, Wednesday June 11th, at 7:30pm in 342 Curry! Come and hear about upcoming Open Loj’s, Work Weekend, and other awesome trips we have planned for the rest of the summer.
There will also be an information session after the meeting around 8:30pm to discuss the details of the Cape Cod Bike Trip. If you planned on going on this trip please try your best to be present for the info session.
Our first meeting of June is tomorrow at 7:30pm in 342 Curry! Come hear about our exciting trips coming up including a Work Weekend at the Loj and share the outdoorsy adventures you’ve been on in this awesome weather so far this summer.
Also, if you still have receipts from Acadia they must be turned in at tomorrow’s meeting or you cannot be reimbursed!
Here’s this week’s riddle:
I can always be seen at the Loj, but only from the outside, and I’ve been there since the beginning. What am I?
We have a meeting tomorrow at 7:30pm in 342 Curry… come and share all of your exciting stories and adventures from Acadia and Memorial Day Weekend! We will also still be selling our awesome new tshirts for $15 so bring cash if you plan on buying one.
Helllloooo NUHOC! We have a meeting tomorrow, Wednesday the 21st, at 7:30pm in 342 Curry. Come and get stoked for Acadia this weekend with us!
Make sure if you bought a ticket and still plan on coming that you have filled out the survey that was emailed to you. If you don’t complete the survey you don’t get to come which means your weekend will be 1,000 times less fun. Also, if you bought a ticket but can no longer go email Sam Levin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you did not get a ticket to Acadia and want to be placed on the waitlist email Sam at email@example.com. Whether or not you get a ticket will depend on how many people who bought a ticket cannot go anymore. Also, if you bought a ticket but can no longer go email her as well.
Helloooo NUHOC! Acadia tickets go on sale TODAY at 2pm on myNEU. If you want to go on the trip you must buy a ticket. For more information check out the attached poster.
Additionally, we’ll be meeting tomorrow at 7:30pm in 342 Curry… hope to see you there to hear about upcoming trips and the exciting things you have done so far this summer.
The 8th annual Cape Cod Bike trip is coming up! Here is the important information and what to do if you want to go on the trip.
Itinerary (dates TBD see below) here’s the trip description:
- Friday: Campus/home to Boston Ferry Terminal at Rowe’s Wharf; Hingham ferry terminal to Shawme-Crowell State Park. 63 mi. We have a busy day, so start well rested. Everyone should roll down to Rowe’s Wharf in Boston to catch the MBTA Commuter Ferry. Once in Hingham, we will start our ride. The trek for day one is roughly 63 miles, with some rolling hills near the end. At least 2 good spots for bridge jumping, and also one historic wooden bridge (Duxbury Beach’s Powderpoint Bridge – no jumping) and the Sagamore Bridge (end of the day – definitely no jumping!!!). We will finish our day at Shawme Crowell State Forest in Sandwich where we are camping for the night.
- Saturday: Shawme-Crowell State Park to Jordan’s house, Wellfleet 40-50ish mi. Saturday we will bike the lower Cape, covering about 40-50 miles. About half to 2/3 of the day is spent cruising on the Cape Cod Rail Trail. When in doubt, ride the rail trail to Wellfleet. We have the options of kicking back at Lecount Hollow Beach or Marconi Beach that afternoon/evening or rolling into the Drive-In Movies on our bikes.
- Sunday: Jordan’s house, Wellfleet to Provincetown Ferry; optional but highly scenic and refreshing after lunch ride to Race Point Beach from Provincetown, +10 mi RT; Boston Ferry Terminal to Campus/Home. 23 mi. (33 mi with Race Point side trip) We will be riding some mildly hilly terrain on the most gorgeous roads of the entire trip into P-town. Once in P-town, we can check out the beaches, check out Race Point dunes, the cool bike paths out there, the funky shops in P-town, the Pilgrim Monument, and anything else. The boat home is a nice 90-minute high speed ferry that’s likely to be crammed. We have to arrive at the ferry 30 minutes prior to departure or they can give your seat away to a standby person!!!!! That means no later than 7:00pm at the ferry!
Costs: About $70 for the ferries and camping. You’ll pay for your own food along the way.
If you’re interested, you need to do 2 things:
(1) Fill out this Doodle poll right now: http://doodle.com/
(2) Send Mike Sanders an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that he can add you to the list.
Our first meeting of the summer semester is tomorrow, Wednesday May 7th at 7:30pm in 342 Curry! Come to hear about upcoming trips to the Loj, Acadia, and other exciting things going on this summer.
No riddle this week but check out this slideshow with pictures from the past two semesters to get you excited for more awesome adventures:
Hope to see you all there tomorrow!
Helloooo NUHOC! This is just a reminder that there is no meeting tonight… our first meeting of summer will be next Wednesday, May 7th. Hope to see you all there!
Here’s a new riddle (don’t cheat and use google):
I am the first thing you need when camping,
I am always with people named Carl and Marco,
Peter thinks I’m useless and doesn’t need me.
I am the second to last thing to add when making a taco.
What am I?
This is just a reminder that there is no meeting tonight… But tonight is the semiannual “NUHOC Invades the Dining Hall” event so if you want to eat with us at Educate Your Palate in IV meet us there at 6 pm! Good luck on finals and have an awesome Easter. If you’ll be in Boston this summer look out for info about our first summer meeting.
Here’s a riddle for guys:
How many ski instructors does it take to change a light bulb?